Think about the last time you made a purchase. Chances are, you were approached by a salesperson before or after your purchase to see if you’d be interested in buying something else. That’s upselling, and it’s a great way to increase your revenue without alienating customers.
While upselling can be an effective way to boost sales, it certainly comes with its challenges. The biggest one is relevance. Customers are more likely to be receptive to upselling if they believe that the additional product or service is actually relevant to their needs.
It’s no secret that tailored recommendations increase sales. And with the ever-growing popularity of personalized media, it’s easier than ever to provide your customers with a more customized experience. But where do you start? In this post, we’ll give you a few tips on how to personalize your media and create an upsell strategy that works for your business. Let’s get started!
Using Personalized Images
Have you ever been browsing through your email and come across a generic, impersonal message from a company you’re subscribed to? It’s not the most engaging way to try and sell someone a product, is it? That’s where personalized images for upselling come in. By including a personalized image in your email messages, you can make a much more powerful connection with your subscribers.
Personalized GIFs for Upselling
Have you ever seen a personalized GIF in an email and thought to yourself, “Wow, that’s clever!”? Well, you’re not alone. Personalized GIF emails are becoming increasingly popular among online shoppers. And it’s no wonder why! Personalized GIFs are a fun and easy way to add a personal touch to your emails. Plus, they’re a great way to show off your personality and sense of humour. So if you’re looking for a way to stand out from the crowd, consider adding a personalized GIF to your next email. Who knows? It just might be the thing that convinces someone to make a purchase!
Personalized & Interactive Videos for Upselling
Online shoppers these days are looking for a personalized, interactive experience. And that’s exactly what personalized and interactive videos provide. This type of video allows you to target your audience with personalized content that is relevant to their interests. You can also use interactive features to engage your viewers and get them to take action. For example, you can include a call to action at the end of the video or include a poll or survey. Using Nexweave, you can also create branching/ “choose your own story” videos, so you can prompt your users to engage with your video and take their consent for sharing recommendations and offers.
In fact, personalized CTAs are said to perform 202% better than regular buttons!
Using videos for upselling is highly effective, as it provides a personalized touch that traditional upsell methods lack. In addition, by making the upsell experience interactive, you’re giving shoppers the chance to get more involved in the process. As a result, they’re more likely to make a purchase.
Creating personalized media
Nexweave provides you with a library of ready-to-use templates that you can simply copy and make your own. It’s also super easy to create your own personalized media templates:
- Upload your Media File
- Add the personalization elements
- Embed the personalized templates along your customer journey
And you’re ready to go!
How can you leverage personalized media?
- Pop-up on your website: One popular option for upselling is to create a pop-up on the website that appears when customers are about to leave your site. This can be an effective way to promote a new product or highlight a special offer. Insert a upsell offer in a pop-up along with a personalized GIF or image and immediately catch your customer’s interest. There’s no way they’ll forget this gesture!
- Landing page: Another popular strategy is to create a dedicated upselling platform or landing page. This provides customers with a clear and easy way to see all of the available upsell options in one place. Embedding an engaging personalized & interactive video here could be an innovative way to showcase available upsell options and nudge your customers to make the purchase!
- Upsell email: Despite the continued growth and innovation of other channels, email campaigns remain the best way to promote your brand. Personalized images and GIFs can easily be embedded in emails and can even be hyperlinked to landing pages!
It is clear that upselling is an important part of any business, and it can be especially useful when it comes to boosting sales. By using personalized media in your upselling strategies, you can set yourself apart from the competition and increase your chances of success.
Nexweave makes it easy to create personalized media templates that you can embed across different platforms. Check Nexweave out today to see how easy it is to add a little personalization to your upselling strategy!